The Natural Hair Afro is a very popular style for individuals with black natural hair. The style is often referred to as a “fro”.
Click on a picture to enlarge it. Click on the picture again to close it. If you want to navigate to the next picture, click on the arrows beneath the photo to navigate to the next picture or previous picture.
Tools and Supplies
- This style is achieved by twisting your hair into 8 to 12 chunky twists in order to stretch the hair. This technique allows you to minimize shrinkage.
- Unravel each chunky twist.
- Using the afro pick or wide tooth comb, pick/comb your hair straight out and up for a large afro.
- If you’re interested in a more defined look, then shape the afro by patting it into a circular shape.
- Finally, if you wish, you can add a bodacious head band or hair accessory to jazz up your look and finish the afro style.